Wintertime spiced date balls
Posted by Nature's Anthem on
These date balls made with Nature’s Anthem’s buttery Medjool dates are the perfect wintertime treat. Sweet without any refined sugar and extremely soft to the balls, they have a luscious texture and taste that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. These date balls come together in a pinch. All you need is a food processor and 10-15 minutes! The shining ingredient in these date balls is fresh ginger paste, giving these dates a brighter, fresher taste. But, if you don't have fresh ginger or ginger paste on hand, ginger powder will absolutely do the trick!
Yields one dozen date balls.
Time: 15-20 minutes
- 14-15 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup finely ground coconut flakes
- Soak your dates in a bowl hot water for 7-10 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend your oats and pecans together in short intervals until they are coarsely ground, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the spices into the food processor and incorporate with a few additional pulses.
- Remove the dates from the water and dispose of their pits.
- Add the softened dates into the food processor with the oats and pecans.
- Blend the date, oats and pecan mixture for 2-3 minutes in short intervals, until a soft dough comes together.
- Once you have a dough, grab roughly 1 tablespoon of date mixture at a time and form into balls with your hands. Use oil or water on your hands to avoid stickiness while rolling the balls. Place rolled balls onto a clean plate.
- Pour coconut flakes onto a small plate.
- Gently drop each date ball into the shredded coconut, coating each ball nicely with coconut flakes.
- Place finished balls on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before enjoying.
Share this post
- Tags: Date bites, Sugar-free, Vegan, Winter