These date balls made with Nature’s Anthem’s buttery Medjool dates are the perfect wintertime treat. Sweet without any refined sugar and extremely soft to the balls, they have a luscious texture and taste that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. These date balls come together in a pinch. All you need is a food processor and 10-15 minutes! The shining ingredient in these date balls is fresh ginger paste, giving these dates a brighter, fresher taste. But, if you don't have fresh ginger or ginger paste on hand, ginger powder will absolutely do the trick!
Yields one dozen date balls.
Time: 15-20 minutes
- 14-15 medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp cardamom
- 3/4 tsp ginger paste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ cup finely ground coconut flakes
- Soak your dates in a bowl hot water for 7-10 minutes.
- In a food processor, blend your oats and pecans together in short intervals until they are coarsely ground, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the spices into the food processor and incorporate with a few additional pulses.
- Remove the dates from the water and dispose of their pits.
- Add the softened dates into the food processor with the oats and pecans.
- Blend the date, oats and pecan mixture for 2-3 minutes in short intervals, until a soft dough comes together.
- Once you have a dough, grab roughly 1 tablespoon of date mixture at a time and form into balls with your hands. Use oil or water on your hands to avoid stickiness while rolling the balls. Place rolled balls onto a clean plate.
- Pour coconut flakes onto a small plate.
- Gently drop each date ball into the shredded coconut, coating each ball nicely with coconut flakes.
- Place finished balls on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes before enjoying.